View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 05:27 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keef View Post
Thanks Puma Cat, I may try Gold Lions in the future. Curious to see how long the Philips last this time around. I also have another 1960’s NOS Seimans ECC88 on the way.
FWIW, I had one of the Philips ECC88s let go on me on the C-J ART150 I had in for review. There was "Pop!" out of the left channel, and then a continual buzz. Jeff sent me some Slovakian tubes to use for the remainder of the review period.

FWIW, I've never had any issues with tubes, either input stage tubes, nor output stage tubes on my LP70S.

Though I've been exclusively using a Constellation Inspiration integrated () since the ART amp went back to C-J, so tubes aren't an issue of any kind at the moment.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.