View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 10:05 AM

No, I went with all-silver for the Moon faceplates. Was considering the two-tone but the demo room was outfitted with all-silver on the high-end setup and I fell in love with the look. Which was another reason I had to jump on the used 740P deal, as it was also in silver.

Speaking of which, the 740P and 760A are in the system now! Everything's working just fine and I'm back to whistling while I work, so to speak. One thing I noticed as I loaded these into my BDI cabinet is, these units are simply too gorgeous to tuck into a cabinet where they are partially obscured with a tinted glass door! Now considering a modest stand upgrade from VTI or similar... in terms of sound quality, it's too early to fully appreciate the upgrade (the brand new 760A needs all its burn-in time), but I can immediately sense better imaging, wider soundstage, and even finer detail amongst individual instruments than when I upgraded interconnects and power cables last month. And that's with my room still a cluttered mess while I'm (more slowly than I'd like) organizing, cleaning, and moving my office stuff upstairs to the newly-appointed office space. I seriously can't wait to get the computer desk and bookshelves out, that'll probably have an enormous impact on the sound quality as well!