View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
Wow, that’s pretty cool, well done! Maybe you should share it here for others interested in exploring.
That's a good idea. I ended up starting one from the beginning of this thread (2010! 11 years ago!) as well because some of these collections are quite massive and I wanted additional variety.

Got verification it's fine to post links to playlists here so here they are!

What Classical Music are You Listening to? 4/04/2021-4/27/021

Here's the one I started from the beginning of the thread:

What Classical Music are You Listening to? From the start (2010)

And finally, I couldn't find the My Favorite Liszt Vol II album by Indrek Laul so I pieced together the track list from other artists.

My Favorite Liszt tracks by other artists

There were a couple collections that weren't available on Qobuz, so it's not comprehensive, but still a great collection! Hope this helps someone enjoy these pieces!

What I think may work really well is just putting the first song from each posted album in the playlist, that way people can see a track from every album, and we can get 1000 albums in the playlist, then, if they want to explore an album further, they can just click on the song from it and dive in. I am not guaranteeing every album in this thread will be included... but anything is better than nothing :-).

I'll work on getting the playlist linked here in the next day or two.

One thing is for sure, this thread is a deep well of amazing classical music.

I stayed up way too late and was running between the SET system in the small room, and the large system in the room with the cathedral ceiling. Hearing such well recorded and performed pieces is awesome!

While I have always had a fair appreciation of classical with some favorites including Boccherini and Saint-Saens, I knew diddly about the performers until this thread. I didn't even understand how these works were titled. Here's to learning and enjoying!

Thanks all!

Rogue Stereo 100 & RP-5, Klipsch Forte III, Sony PS-LX520, Sansui TU9900, Bluesound Node 2i, Dennis Had Inspire 6v6'er & LP-3a, Tannoy Mercury V1, Audeze LCD-3, Luxman P-1u, Schiit Magni Heresy, Modi3+, Loki, Eitr, Musical Fidelity M1-Dac (1st gen).

Last edited by AMammal; 04-30-2021 at 04:01 PM.