View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 11:24 PM

Default Another D'Yquem Tube Failure

I am very unhappy to report I experienced another 300b tube failure several days ago with my Shindo D'Yquem amplifiers.
This is my second pair of brand new amps to cause a tube failure. My first pair caused a tube failure the second time I switched them on last November. The amp was sent back to my dealer and tubes were replaced and the amp was re-biased and returned back to me. After a few days the same 300b tube failed again.

It was decided that a new pair would be ordered to replace these and my dealer would send my original amps to Japan for repair.

My new pair were delivered last December and have worked fine until a couple of days ago when exactly the same tube started glowing bright red on turn on and failed within a minute.

Very strange to have so many tube failures in such a short period of time. JH has been responsive and thinks it is simply faulty Gold Lion tubes. If so, I must be the lottery winner of bad tubes to have so many brand new tubes fail.

Not sure what the issue is but my experience so far with this model of amp has been less than stellar. When they work, the amp is amazing. Unfortunately for me the dependability has left me doubting whether I want to continue using these in my system.

The irony is my dealer is now sending me my original repaired amps back to use temporarily until we decide how to resolve the problem. Hopefully they will arrive next week.

Shindo D'Yquems
Shindo Vosne Romanee
Devore 0/96
Luxman PD-171
Dynavector xx2 MkII
Luxman DA-06
Mac Mini
Magnum Dynalab MD 107t
Shindo and A23 Cables