View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 09:38 AM

ACAUS, I have experience with older Stillpoints. All of my iso gear is from a system I built 10-20 years ago, so it's a bit long in the tooth. I upgraded to the 866 and a Pro-Ject RS2 transport with a Linear Tube Audio power supply, and I'm slowly upgrading the cables, etc.

I have the three older Stillpoints under the LTA, and a set of 4 older Aurios under my 866. I previous had the Stillpoints under my old amp (a modded Spectron Musician III) and loved them there. I matched them this way in my current system because (1) the Aurios are wide and don't really fit under the LTA (it's long and narrow) and (2) I feel like I need 4 iso devices to use with the 866 (because of the way the bottom of the case is configured and the weight is distributed -- please correct me if you found a way around this). The system sounds good, but then I wouldn't really know what I'm missing and the limiting factor is likely the speakers (LSA-10 Statement). I am contemplating buying a set of new Stillpoints Ultra or Townsend pods for the 866, but was hoping to hear from other owners that may already have done some experimenting.

On a related note, I'm using an older Elrod power cord on the 866 and am wondering if a newer option would improve the sound. I'm not willing to lay out the coin for a new Elrod (I had two kids since my last system), but am guessing the tech has improved since the early 2000s and there might be some excellent lower-priced options (<1500).

Thanks for any ideas you may have.