View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Semi-audiophile

In Nashville (I'm from there, by the way) there is HiFi Buys on Nolensville Road, the only high end dealer I know of there now. I bought my one pair of Transparent interconnect from them back in December 2012. Too bad Nicholson's went out of business; I liked them.

I just came back from grocery shopping, the gym, and a too-big lunch. I realize that the decision to buy anything is mine, regardless of what I see on AA, in The Absolute Sound or Sound & Vision. All along I've insisted audio is an interest for me, not a hobby, and I want to maintain that assessment. My "common sense" gene needs some building up. Some of the changes mentioned aren't about audio, or even curiosity; some are about style and design or a sense of completeness. Replacing the C2300's WW Aurora with an Electra is one example. And the research I do to size up potential replacements for pieces I have can be dangerous, as well. Maybe I shouldn't research anything I'm not actually considering buying.

All these ideas came on at once except for the speakers, which I'd been debating for a while. I need a deep breath, to pray, to play something. Maybe all of these. I have some work to do for church tomorrow, that's a good place to start.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks