View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3brow View Post
I agree with Dan. I have no issues powering my Mcintosh amplifiers with PS Audio regenerators. In my system, I never push my amps hard. I average 0.5 to 5 watts with occasionally 50 watt laying down the wood sessions. The current needed for my MC501s is actually well within the limits of my regenerators. I started out with PPP, first one then added a second PPP. Currently, I own a pair of P10s. The P10 is a fantastic product. Dedicated 20 amp lines with 10g wiring. Transparent RPL power cords. I have one monoblock amp on each P10 to further improve the current available. The preamp and sources are split amongst the 2 P10s. I have no real need to do anything else to my power delivery. System sounds wonderful and black as spades background. The P10 is the real deal, IMO. I use low distortion, multi wave 6 settings. As others have noted, there are many avenues to achieve excellent power delivery. Pick whichever one floats your boat, budget, or situation. It's all good. Providing a solid power delivery foundation, however you do it, is an absolute key element in building a hi-fidelity system.
+1