View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 10:26 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio bill View Post
With all due respect I'd like to make a technical point of clarification about these devices. They're not passive... it's a unique active circuit which operates in parallel with your power-line so they can't limit current since there's nothing placed in series with your power. The best description of what they do is taken directly from their website:

[I]ADD-Powr technology is Algorithm Digital Defined electrical energy and power. Energy is added to electrical signals and systems. It is unique because it is non-invasive.
[LIST=1][*]The products generate low frequency electromagnetic fields to affect harmonic energy change audio signals and systems.
So...I read their website, and I did not find that it explained anything that is meaningful to actually understanding what it is doing.

So, I'm curious what the phrase: "...to affect harmonic energy change audio signals and systems" actually means.

ALL electric and/or audio signals are electromagnetic waves/fields. Just read Dollard, Steinmetz, or Heaviside...all electrical energy is the result from the interaction of dielectricity and magnetism.

So, how is this product different, and in what way? What is the transfer function and what is the functional response it is mediating? It's not explaining what the transfer function is, and what the functional response is. If it mediates some sort of physics-based functional response, it can be described by a transfer function. I don't get any of that information from the web page, so it reads like marketing-speak to me.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 01-25-2020 at 11:02 PM.