View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 10:01 PM

Smile Meridian Experience

Listing to Music has been my favorite past time since I was in high school. I remember when I went to a local Hi-Fi shop and would dream about owning McIntosh Equipment. Over the last 50 years I have owned several different brands of equipment including several McIntosh preamps and amplifiers. The company still makes excellant equipment and I still have one of their 6 channel amps in my system.

About 6 years ago I started to research Meridian processors as I was in the market to upgrade my McIntosh preamp. After hearing a Meridian system I could not get over how detailed and natural the system sounded. I had now been bitten by the Meridian bug. I purchased a 568.2 processor and about 3 years ago upgraded to a G68ADV. I have never regretted either purchase.

I currently have B&W speakers and really enjoy their sound. ( 802N L&R, HTM1 center, 4 805N's for the sides and rears ). A couple of days ago I auditioned a complete Meridian system with 5200 L&R, a 5200 center and 4 in-walls in a professionally built home theater. After about a 3 hour listening session, to me the sound surpassed my system even though the 5200 is physically a smaller speaker than the B&W 802N. It's hard to think I would move away from B&W but if I hit the lottery I would not hesitate to make that move. The new 7200 speakers would be at the top of my list along with an 861 processor and an 802.2 CD player. To me the sound from a total Meridian system is better than any system I have heard.

Ron