View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillone View Post
If I was starting over, either the 7200's or 8000's with the 808.2 CD player would surely be on the short list of any system I would consider.
Way back in time when the DSP6000 were then the top speakers, the Meridian all-in-one idea had always cropped up. Likewise, the fear of something might go wrong and the possibility/ability to properly fixed it (back then, service and backup level from dealers are not quite that excellent as today) back to mint is a concern.

In the end, I dropped the idea.

Seriously, IF I had the chance to start all over again, I would have go straight for the 808.2 + 8000 combo. I am not into HT and so, a pair of 8000 is still affordable.

But today, looks like its only a dream as I have ventured too deeply elsewhere. At least, its not in the wrong direction altogether as seemingly, I have been very happy listening to their performance and not for once I had ever wondered should it be a different gears!

But I suppose Howie had hit the right path to his audio nirvana! I am waiting for the day to be invited to audition and share his pleasure from his wonderful uncluttered ease-of-use BUT very high end musical system!

Cheers!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar