View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crytklmass View Post
Have you ever had to use the warranty with Meridian Speakers? The idea is great, self powered, no need for external amps but what happens when a component breaks?
Your out your entire system. I don't have any experience with Meridian but a local dealer (Stillone is familiar-Royal Oak store) has DSP 5000 in stock but nothing higher priced.
Would it be fair to say its similar to a Mc501 amp stuffed in each speaker for power? How do these compare with standard speakers, ie. B&W, Klipsch, Wilson, etc. Imaging, Depth, Sound quality. I've been reading review today, most state a deep soundstage and concert quality sound. I have always preferred Bi-polar type speakers vs traditional. My favorite were Mirage M3si, I found them much more pleasant than my Klipsch. When Mirage chose to downsize there speakers I found B&W speakers. My search hasn't ended for the perfect speaker but b&w is close. maybe 90%. I guess for $20,000 I want purrrrrfection-not to much to ask is it. Maybe with Meridian I can find the best audio and video speaker combo. If I do, what will happen to my amps..hmmm
I have had no problems with my Meridian active speakers so far. The active speakers contain power amps and dacs all in one box. They are the ultimate in sleekness. In terms of power, my DSP 8000s have 2 100 watt amps and three 150 watts amps, i.e 650 watts each speaker.

The sound signature of Meridian is very smooth. It is detailed but not analytical. Some may call it polite which could be a result of lack of harshness. All in all, i can not think of a system with this kind of sound, connectivity except for Meridian. There really isn't any competition imho.

howie