View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettedrummer View Post
Tony, right now I'd look at the JBL LS series. Very nice sound in a very good looking cabinet. (Several different models in the line up) The only catch is to fine them. I don't mean just so you can listen to them, but to find a dealer anywhere that has any in stock. JBL seems to be playing some stupid game and keeping the US market out of bounds for their speakers. You got to look real hard to seek out a source for them and then be willing to buy them without hearing them. "TRUST in JBL" they should call it. Perhaps in New York, LA, or Chicago you can fine dealers that stock them. Alot of the big buck speakers they offer now are available in the US, but the cost is way up there and at least in my area (Michigan) no one is stocking any of them. Gone are the days of walking into the local HiFi shop and being able to listen to JBL. Most of us just keep the vintage stuff up and running and keep wishing that maybe someday JBL will once again offer what they sell in Japan to the US market. I have no idea where I'd put any more however! Cheers, Frank
Thanks Frank,
I wonder how hard it is to find something like a JBL K2 S5500 or higher model in the US.