View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonduciel View Post
I am new here, and am happy to have recently found this forum, which has some very interesting threads.

After nearly 30 years with Superphon CD-Maxx preamp, a B&K ST140 amp, a Marantz CD player, and Spica TC-50 speakers, I completely redid my system after recent retirement. The biggest change is getting into the confusing but rewarding world of tubes. Learning about tweaks to my tube amp is one of the main reasons I'm here.

From 1960 on, my progression of speakers was: AR (Acoustic Research) 2, Klipsch Heresy, ESS Heil Towers, Thiel CS 2.5, Spica TC-50/Velodyne sub.

My new system: Bluesound Node 2i>>Denafrips Pontus>>Line Magnetic 34ia integrated tube amp>>Tekton Electron SE (junior Double Impact) speakers, REL 5 subwoofer, StraightWire and DH Lab cables. Secondary SS backup to the tube amp: Denafrips Hestia preamp>>Schiit Aegir amp.

David
Welcome to AA David. Looking over your current system, I can tell you have been around the block with this hobby. Tastefully and purposefully put together. Enjoy and welcome