View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 03:42 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jordan View Post
Stephen-

It will be an interesting comparison of the cork & rubber pads to the Diversitech version. Folks actually quiet down their furnaces with some 2 x 2 cork & rubber pads.
John-

Exactly what I was thinking. That's why I ordered both!

Going to do some experiments. I downloaded VibSensor app for the iPhone which uses the accelerometer to produce vibration measurements.

Shown here is the difference in vibration from me rapping the top shelf of my Sanus Euro II audio rack, and then rapping a ButcherBlock Acoustics 1 3/4" thick rock maple board sitting on cork & rubber anti-vibration pads. The red trace is the top shelf, the blue trace is the maple board.

And, shown here is me dropping a weight onto my audio rack top shelf about the distance of 1", and measuring the vibration on top of the Schiit Gumby DAC. Red is the amplitude and ringing from the Gumby sitting on its own rubber feet on the Sanus Euro II rack top shelf, and the blue trace is with the DAC sitting on Herbie's Audio Labs Tenderfoot component isolation footers. You can see the amplitude and ringing is notably lower with the Herbie's Tenderfoot footers. Today I am going to do a DOE using the footers with and without an ButcherBlock Acoustics hard rock maple board. The maple board will be resting on the cork & rubber anti-vibration pads or the MIG footer. Once I get the Diversitech pads, I'll do some more experiments comparing the two different types of pads.

Pretty cool, eh?

Cheers.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 01-21-2020 at 03:53 PM.