Thread: Focal Maestro
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunge View Post
I absolutely love mine. Upgraded from Scala V2 (which I still have for rear speakers). I found them a bit more fiddly than the scalas for positioning. I found they work better further from the back wall than the scalas, and with a little more toe-in. Also, I raised the back slightly from level to angle the much higher tweeters down a bit.

The bottom end is insanely good, compared to the scala this is where I notice the biggest improvement. The midrange is buttery smooth, but so was the Scala's. I might have to try boosting the top end with the jumpers as suggested earlier in the thread, but the top end is amazing, as I have come to expect from focals beryllium tweeters. Some folks have complained about them being bright or hot but in my system with a VAC tube preamp I do not find that to be the case at all.

Please, could you tell me the gross weight and external dimensions in packing of the Maestro Utopia? If you still have the original packing, that information might be on the cartons. I am going to buy Maestro III and need that info to calculate the delivery cost, but Focal does not answer.
Thanks a lot in advance!