View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 12:11 PM

Wink I think I've got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward3132 View Post
Bill

In most cases, the clamp mentioned are on stereo integrated amps. Most surround processors/prepro's do not have them.

Yes In most modern AV receivers the pre outs are separate so no need to remove anything. Just connect the pre outs to another preamp input or directly to amplifiers.

Now not all AV receivers have those outputs. Usually you have to start at midrange price to get it. In the case of Marantz usually start with the AVR 50xx series

Of course any pre pro has those outputs since no amplifier.

Hope this helps.
Okay, Edward, now I understand that to get the "separation" we're discussing, one usually has to look at a pretty decent AV receiver. I also understand that this concept of separation doesn't apply to an AV pre-pro, due to the fact that they are closer to what I know as a "separate component," which, given enough money, is really the ideal setup.

As there is no board for it, I wanted to ask you about your Oppo players and, specifically, about your Oppo 105. Do you use that player as a source for "ripping" audio data from physical media (SACDs, etc)?

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections