View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 02:33 AM

So, I just finished allowing my system to continuously playback (at a low level) for about 105 hours with the doors shut and me staying away during that whole period. That way, I figured I could hear these recently purchased Silver Eclipse speaker cables effectively "a-new" once they had begun to be broken-in a bit, whereas that transformation would likely have been far less impactful had I continued to listen to my system on and off daily since last Saturday.

Well, it worked. As good as these Silver Eclipses were four days ago, they are demonstrably better now. The improvements I easily and particularly noticed were:

• Further heightened imaging/definition. I listened to Fiona Apple, and she was rock-solid, tightly – and narrowly – there. Great image stability and definition.
• Greater detail. The words sung by the chorus in Chris Issak’s “Wicked Game” were entirely and clearly discernable. Ludivico Einaudi’s “Life” incorporated enhanced instrument playing, by which I mean that there simply was more music from more subtle sources within the recording radiating from my speakers. And those triangles were absolutely perfect in their realism.
• More depth. All I can say is that I never before had heard Leonard Cohen’s “You Want It Darker” like I heard it tonight. Wow!

Thank you, Fearless Leader, for encouraging me to stretch to buy them.

Main System: Theta Casablanca V preamp/processor; Wadia 8 CD transport and Digimaster DDC 2000 DAC (w/all updates); Theta Compli CD transport; Oppo UDP-203 disc player; Lumin T2 music server/DAC; Roon Nucleus+ core (w/Teddy Pardo LPS); SOTA Sapphire turntable (w/ Premier FT3 arm and Hana SL cartridge); SugarCube SC-2 non-destructive "click and pop" removal device; PS Audio Stellar phono preamp; Magnum Dynalab MD-102 FM tuner (w/MD-205 Signal Sleuth FM antenna amplifier and ST-2 FM antenna); McIntosh MC 611 (3), Krell FPB 200C, and KAV-250a power amplifiers; Revel Ultima Studio (2 - L&R), Voice (1 - center), and Embrace (2 sides and 2 surrounds) speakers; SVS PB-16 Ultra (2) and 3000 Micro (2) powered subwoofers; WireWorld Silver Eclipse 8 speaker cables; various Kimber Kable, MIT, Shunyata, and WireWorld interconnects; Shunyata Denali 2000/T (2), Denali 6000/S, Hydra [original], Hydra 2, and Venom PS10 power conditioners; various Shunyata Delta, Venom, PowerSnake, and Sidewinder power cords, and Venom Defenders (2); Richard Gray's Power Company Substation and 400 Pro; Luxul AGS-1024 Ethernet switch; Sound Anchor amplifier stand; VTI (2) and Billy Bags (4) equipment racks.