View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 06:51 PM

Stephen, I'm on the 3rd or 4th reconfiguration of my second Quadraspire rack. I really like them. They can handle some weight (my D'Agostino are not exactly light), are stable, and highly configurable. There are several different post heights available so you can vary the shelf heights, and options like bronze spikes for the top shelf on the SVT rack. I've purchased additional posts of differing heights in the past to adjust to changing equipment, which was very handy. The entry level Q4 EVO is OK, but I wouldn't go for less than the SVT (what I have). I'm sure the X Reference is awesome but it's too wide for my setup so haven't tried that. I did have a mild resonance problem with my Rega P10 on the top shelf, but an HRS platform (courtesy of Ivan) tamed it. That may have had something to do with location as well.

There is a nice "Product Builder" tool on their website that let's you choose rack type, wood and color, and shelf heights so you can see what a finished rack to your specifications would look like. You can probably figure roughly $5-600 per shelf, maybe $2-2.5k for a 4 shelf SVT rack. I'm not familiar with the X Ref pricing - a premium over the SVT of course, but Quadraspire prices tend not to be exorbitant.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2