View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piolaxo View Post
Congrats on your new BDA-2 Steve. So how did the Oppo's 105D DAC fare if I may
ask? Not that is going to beat a full-blown dedicated DAC, but the Oppo does have
a decent one. I'm very interested since we share similar gear (minus the speakers of
course), with the main difference that I use the C2200 to feed the MC207.

Sal
I'm still in my initial phases of listening, and I'd say the Oppo Sabre DAC's hold up very well to the BDA-2. I am detecting the slightest bit of extra "openness" and detail with the BDA-2 but it is not a mind-blowing difference. I do feel it is more convenient to use a dedicated DAC to switch between digital sources and then having them all go into the MX121 via the lone XLR stereo input.

I may be chasing windmills here as my system has just gone through a major change switching from Anthem and Proceed to McIntosh and already saw a huge bump in the overall audio experience. This has at least been an incremental improvement for sure!
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds