View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 09:42 PM

I got back into PC gaming in February this year after over a decade in console land.

The main reason for it was because of PCVR and Microsoft Flight Sim is a big reason for PCVR.

To be fair to the article, there has been a renewed interest in FS2020 because it was just recently released on the Xbox Series consoles and I have to say it looks pretty impressive running on a 4K monitor with very high visual settings that would be tough to run on PCs that are more expensive.

But use a VR headset and the immersion is uncanny. I tend to use my HP Reverb G2 VR headset to play this game and I use a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog combo with the Pendulum Rudders.

But I also occasionally use my gaming laptop with a Quest 2 VR headset connected wirelessly, controlled with the Thrustmaster Airbus throttle/stick combo - and land/crash the aircraft in some part of the world and then walk around (wirelessly) like I am really there. It is a very surreal feeling when I am stuck within my state in Australia.

(another amazing feeling of being there is playing Assetto Corsa and driving through LA Canyons free roam track in a Singer 911 and enabling two way traffic with my Fanatec steering wheel/shifter and inverted pedals)