View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 12:19 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
Interesting Stephen. I’m familiar with log sine sweep measurement of electro-acoustic systems but not familiar with REW.

Does REW allow you to access the calculated impulse response of the system?

It would be great if you could post it.

Does it allow you to window the loudspeaker time response when making the final FFT?

Just curious.

Tom
Hey Tom,
Yes, I believe so. I just used it at its default settings. When I get a chance, I'll go back and post the default settings and the impulse plot. I can post the spectral decay, too.

BTW, REW is free and available here: https://www.roomeqwizard.com

The landing page will provide a lot more information for you than I could here. There's a lot to dig into, and it's free. It seems to be a good option without having to buy a CLIO System.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.