View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 11:47 AM

The combo was the best I have ever heard in terms of clarity, purity, tone, resolution, control, and image definition/soundstaging. I would not describe the system as cold or warm, IMO it was just right is that regard. It was completely effortless even at high volumes and free of any form of distortion whatsoever. As clean and pure as you can imagine.

The source was not TAD, I have heard that an all out TAD system can be somewhat cold sounding. This based on user opinions and the german review I posted in the other thread. I personally cannot comment.

I am thinking now the ultimate TAD ref speaker (R1 or CR1) based system would consist of the M600 mono's but with source and preamp selected to tune the system to the listener preferences. The way the M600's controlled the CR1's is remarkable, it is simply undeniable that the two are made for each other.

For this reason I am also interested what David has taken for his preamp as he seems to have taken a similar route and spent a lot time comparing the options.

Unfortunately I was not able to compare the M2500 and M600 side by side on the CR1's, I would like to see how close the M2500 gets, it is obviously much more affordable than the M600's. I heard the E1's with the M2500 and this was not in the same league at all... likely due more to the speaker than the amp.

Last edited by jdebonth; 11-06-2012 at 11:49 AM.