View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 11:55 AM

Pete, I just found your JBL220A horn conversion project on AA. This was back when my wife Debbie was so sick and I missed it. I'll have more to say soon but I want to say that I am mightily impressed with your system, not just the Stillpoints. I think your amp stands just as beautiful and effective as the ones I am purchasing. Mine are illuminated and can be turned off and on with the amp but your logo is absolutely gorgeous, so it's a toss up. Makes me totally jealous and feeling light in the wallet, not really, just kidding, I'm so happy for you. I think Mark W. with his Legacy Valor system has the most unique comprehensive system for controlling room acoustics on AA, perhaps just maybe anywhere. Similarly, I doubt anyone has a more cost effective, better thought out, comprehensive stereo system than you. The vinyl, analog tape, and digital capabilities of it are amazing. The speaker improvement project is amazing. I believe you about the Stillpoints.

Let's say your stand cost 300 dollars vs 3,000 for me. I think there would be many who would choose your stands.

I can relate to your concern over the horns. My concern with my XVX was much worse because you had a way of reversing. I didn't. I can't request building a 329K speaker(s) and then back out. The project could have been a total disaster. I will not forget Ivan's comment concerning the dangers of an audiophile with a tape measure. I was down to 1-2 inches. But now I have a wonderful XVX on custom Acoustic Diodes and the sound is amazing. It went through a rite of passage and made it to the other side. You put it on the line with your 220A's and it worked!

Let's say 3,000 dollars for your speakers and 300,000 for mine. I's say that's a pretty cost effective comparison, very similar to the amp stands I'd say.

Congratulations!

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 02-06-2022 at 11:59 AM.