View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasondunbar View Post
Yes you are right about speaker placement - starts from one corner of the 7.5 meters wall. Yes listening position is it‘s 2.3meters away from the front of speakers. But got no other chance maybe 2.4meters.
Yours with 1.4 meters out from walls and 3.4 meters away from front is just textbook like - great! So instead of mine your sound can detach from the speakers making it perfectly standing in front you, which is also lacking in my setup.
Before you give up on the 802s, try moving them closer together; perhaps as close as 1.5 meters from tweeter center to center. You might experience a more integrated sound field at your listening position. If you replace them with the 803D3, I suspect that you will have similar problems that you are having with the 802. If you cannot get satisfactory sound from the 802s by repositioning or using spikes, you may be better off with a pair of good stand mount monitors instead. Something like the 805D3 or similar, with a matched subwoofer. At 2.3 meters away, you are almost listening in "near field" conditions, and a pair of high quality monitors plus subwoofer might sound better to you.