View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasondunbar View Post
It‘s 4,7meters by 7,5 meters - but I can only use part of that as the rest is kitchen / eating area. Will try spikes for sure and play with toe in etc.
But unfortunately my parameters concerning distance to wall (for one speaker, the other has no side wall as its next to the eating area) and distance to listening position is fixed.
Across the speakers (so about 1,5 behind my listening position) there is a bookshelf room-high which should be advantageous for room acoustics.
It seems like your speakers are placed along the 7.5 meter wall, facing your listening position, 2.3 meters away from the front of the speakers. Correct? You may be sitting a little too close to them. Is there any way you can place the speakers along the 4.7 meter wall? Then you could bring them further out into the room and increase the distance to your listening position. My room has about the same dimensions as yours, and I have my 802s placed on spikes along the short wall, with the front of each speaker about 1.4 meters out from the wall. My listening position is about 3.4 meters away from the front of each speaker, and the sound is excellant.