View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 10:47 AM

BUMP, I listened to the 7f in my dealers room driven by the new anthem separates an asked him to order me a pair to replace my salon 2's, this was while paradigm was offering 20% and my dealer was also kicking in. Anyhow because of the problems in the bass i described with my salon's he said I needed the 9h if I was going to solve the "dead zone' I think he called it even after the sale of the salon2's the 7f was going to be a stretch so the 9h just wasn't going to happen especially when I had no idea how they would sound with my hegel which I wouldn't ever describe as laid back, more of a grab the speakers by the balls and squeeze so I passed. Speakers like the persona's with the up tilted ( nearly 10 db in spots) in the treble can sound so clear and transparent that I feel like i'm in the studio with the band. There wasn't any brightness only detail, but I've owned hyper detailed speakers before and while i'm sure the persona's are better than my old R105/3's my love/hate affair with those for over 20 years I still worry I can't afford the necessary components to make them sing. I would recommend the persona's to anyone with the suggestion they bring their own gear in for the demo and consider the room acoustics they're going in.