View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAZ View Post
I've pulled the trigger on the Soundsmith Paua MKII. Ivan's recommendation counted for a lot, the few reviews mattered, and the dealer (a) owns one in his personal system and (b) gave me almost my full purchase price that I paid on the Delos several years ago as a trade-in. That made it a no brainer. But add to that the very reasonable cost to retip/rebuild thru Soundsmith, and watching Peter Ledermann's videos on cartridges and analog (the guy's amazing), just pushed me over the edge. I'll report back once I receive it (Peter builds them himself by hand so it will take a few weeks) and it's had a chance to burn in. All of a sudden my Delos sounded like crap today (that was, of course, nonsense since I am just excitedly anticipating the new cartridge).
I know exactly what you mean! I'm awaiting my new arrival which is an Avenger with Ref arm and the Transfiguration Proteus and all of a sudden I can't listen to my Prime any longer! LOL. My dealer gave me almost everything I paid for the Prime 2 years ago so was also a no brainer for me. Lucky for us we had dealers that were good to work with on our analog upgrade!

BTW ... I've heard the Paua on a Prime Signature and it sounds amazing! You're in for a real treat!

George