View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smatsui324 View Post
Moon Audio makes nice cables and I’ve owned or tried all 3 Dragons. However, I’ve moved on and found cables that I like better from Norne, Double Helix, and Wywires. When I bought my Utopia, I bought the Black Dragon and the Wywires Platinum both in a balanced configuration. I ended up returning the BD. Both were good but the Wywires provided a larger soundstage and more precise imaging without any added brightness. The downside is that Wywires Platinum cable is more expensive.

I also had the BD hardwired by Drew for my T1 and a BD speaker amp cable for my HiFiMan HE6 and they sounded excellent. In both cases, the BD did a great job of taming bright sounding headphones. On the other hand, the Silver Dragon is just not my cup of tea. I tried it years ago when I wanted to to make the LCD 2 more lively sounding but it actually went too far and made a dark sounding headphone way too bright. I owned the Blue Dragon for many years for my HD650 and it’s a good all around medium priced cable. Drew does high quality work and I’ve never had a problem returning one of his cables if it didn’t work out for me.
The best I have experienced so far is the Wireworld Nano Platinum Eclipse for my LCD3. I will do a write up on them once I get some more burn in time. Simply outstanding cable.

Last edited by PHC1; 01-03-2018 at 12:49 PM.