View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 09:22 PM

Default New Audeze EL-8 Cable

The new Audeze EL-8 cable arrived today. I ordered the cable from Charleston Cable Company (C3).... I ordered their basic cable, which starts at $100.

It is obvious that C3 used the Audeze original connectors. I directly compared them to my factory cable and the connector is identical. The cable itself is considerably heftier, thicker. It appears to be a very nicely made cable, very similar to the cable that came with the McIntosh headphones.

I have only listened to a few songs so far, but at first note it was obviously that this is a good cable. Even though I got a substantially longer cable it actually sounds better than the original Audeze cable. This is a huge improvement for the EL-8 headphones, and highly recommended.

C3 offer two higher level cables depending on how critical you are I suppose. The highest one makes no sense to me since it would cost almost as much as the headphones. The service from the company was outstanding. I called Chris on Sunday and he shipped the cable out Monday. It arrived from the East coast to California in three days, with their standard shipping rate!

Audeze EL-8 Headphone Cable -- Canare - C3 Audio

Last edited by Randy Myers; 12-04-2015 at 06:03 PM.