View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 10:47 PM

First reports are in on DSP5200SE and DSP7200SE on Meridian Unplugged. The demonstration consisted of an A/B of DSP5200/SE and a single DSP7200SE pair. This weekend there will also be an A/B of DSP7200/SE as well as a single DSP8000SE pair in a home-cinema demonstration room.

But it seems like M have done some tangible improvements from the first impressions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
It took you less than 2 minutes to nod your head in recognition and approval of the incredible improvement.
I completely agree with you with regard to 5200 A-B demonstration.

The 5200SE is the greatest Meridian step forward in product enhancement I have ever heard. The release of EBA (improved version) in 5200 for the first time, plus all new electronics is a game changer. Old and new versions of 5200 are chalk and cheese.

Please note this demonstrated product is still described as beta status so there could be even more improvements to come.

We will have to wait 6 months for the upgrade to be available but this gives me some time to accrue funds for this inevitable investment on my currently unused pair.

The 7200SE pair were as smooth as silk and I can only describe the reproduction as "effortless definition" in all respects.

I await the comments of visitors to Bristol event on the promised 7200 comparison.

Last edited by Crion; 02-21-2014 at 10:54 PM.