View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 10:08 PM

Anatta,
There is cool tonality in Moon amp that I wanna changed. So yes, I am still looking for new amp in next year. I like to have a bit warmer tone while " maintain " power/speed of
W7M. I have 4 choice in mind. 1. Constellation Centaur mono 2. Dagostino Momentum
3. Accuphase A200 4. Gryphone Mephisto. New amp budget be around $50,000 MSRP ( actulally price will be lower however) I was almost buy Mark Levinson No.53 when I own
ML 326s pre amp. But since I sold it long ago, I don't need to brand matched any more.
I tried Audio Research Ref 250, I love the sound, but I felt lots of dynamic dropped.
Of all the amps that I tried, I like sound of ARC Ref250 the most.. until concert time that I felt problem. almost
zzz.. due to unexciting dynamic.( compared to W7M)
Surprisingly, By using Burmester as a source,I got warm and liquid voice that I prefer
and that could save me some $$$ from not having to change amp.
For MX-R,I've a friend here once said that he owned it and he replaced it with Momentum and that is much improvement. He is philip psjl. MF Titan ,I really don't
have passion for this brand. Most of MF amps are made in China. I don't want any more
output power from current 500w that I have, I just want warmer, more liquid sounding and more refinement as a bonus( not that moon is unrefined).
By changing from Burmester 111 to CD players, $$$ prepared for new amp are much
gone.. so new amp will be farther away. may be late 2013 or 2014.
Toga

Last edited by TOGA; 08-24-2012 at 10:14 PM.