View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJinID View Post
I will have my tube-modded Modwright 95 very soon - it's all ready to go outside of waiting for a digital input mod to be completed and installed. I posted about my status (in the context of the MVP881 thread) here: http://www.audioaficionado.org/mcint...tml#post204170

In the meantime I am continuing to enjoy my ModWright BDP-83 with the full solid-state mods which sounds excellent! I do expect the higher end tube mods combined with the Sabre 32 reference dacs in the 95 to be fantastic and even better!
Wow! I'm really curious about how this changes the sound of the player. I've never heard a player as transparent as the BDP95. From my perspective it just needs a little bit of musicality to improve it. By musicality, I mean some kind of seductiveness/richness to really draw you in. The way it reveals details in recordings is something I've never heard before. I've been considering the Modwright mods, but don't want to lose that resolving quality of the player, either.

So you're going to receive a player with an added digital input? Did you get the upgraded cord between the power supply and player, too?

I can't wait to hear feedback on how your 95 turns out!

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables

Last edited by rnrmf1971; 09-21-2011 at 12:16 PM. Reason: anal retentive grammar correction