View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 02:54 AM

Thanks Cyril & Howie for the compliments.

This is one upgrade that I think is like 90% aesthetic and 10% performance based on what I feel today. Still, even though it is one very expensive move, somehow, I still think its worth it.

Certainly, when the 200 hours of burn in is done, I shall do a report on the speakers performance and hopefully, it does meet the 10% (and wishfully far exceed it).

For sure, my discussion with Howie, Jeff and Ivan was never to this end conclusively. I would really say, the devil in me made me do it.

Still, the smell, touch and made quality of the WHITE color DSP8k.2 plus the knowing that its the ONLY pair over here made me feel real proud and that ease the pain on the spending. I suppose, I can dwell on this "false sense" of pride

For sure, the ease of the Meridian Digital system gave me many musical enjoyment and pleasure in movies and music that much more sweeter! Especially watching the Bluray DVD serials like The Tudors, Spartacus, etc, .... If I would want to thread onto the next path ... securing a 861v6 and a Centre channel DSP7200HC would have been on the works. The only thing thats stopping me to such a move is the poor planning of my cabinet where this was not taken into consideration.

If I had known I am into Meridian during the early stage of my renovation, these 2 pieces would have already been in the system today! To me, the Meridian system really gave me more fun that whatever I had before.

Cheers!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar

Last edited by JSCC; 04-21-2011 at 03:24 AM.