View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 12:39 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunski View Post
The things you mentioned about MC275V is consistent with what I read online. I also read that MC275VI address those flaws you mentioned. Do you think the MC275 VI is closer to MC75 in performance? Again thanks for the good and detailed review about your MC75.
bunski.......It is my understanding the MC275 has used the same power supply and power supply transformer as far back as the MkIV version. McIntosh does state that the newest MC275 MkVI uses the widest bandwidth McIntosh output transformer design that features tauter bass control and thermally quiet circuit design. I have not heard a MkVI version of the MC275 amplifier so I am unable to confirm their claim. Other differences between the MkV and the MkVI amplifiers are the inclusion of Sentry Monitor, Power Control, Auto Turn Off, and LED lighting under the small tubes. The power supply in the MC75 mono amp is the same size as the power supply in the MC275 stereo amp. The MC75 does not have to share that power supply capacity between two channels and is the primary reason for its rapid dynamics and robust bass performance.

To answer your specific question, "Do you think the MC275 VI is closer to MC75 in performance?" I would say it is probably closer than earlier versions of the amp, although my hunch is a pair of MC75 MkIII amplifiers would be considered a step up. Try to audition a pair of MC75's if you can. I think you will become a believer.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A