View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 10:45 PM
chief tube tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhesiv View Post
Just curious but does anyone know if there is any sonic effect when a grounded plug is added to the mix? The power cables that come with the Shindo gear are all two prong.
..If by grounded plug, you mean 'earthed' with a three prong plug ..

Yes, Shindo a/c cords are two prong -

Shindo spends considerable time and effort making sure the gear is designed a certain way. And this level of attention to detail includes the type of a/c cord and proper interconnects (and their special grounding). They are are designed in such a way to be one very important piece of this puzzle.

But, if someone wants to spend money on additional a/c cords, when a free one (which is designed for the gear) comes included, well heck, who am I to stop them! It won't, however, sound better.

There are no 'authorized' Shindo cords on the market that have been tested with Shindo labs gear, despite marketing claims otherwise. I would sell them if that would be the case..

I'm perfectly fine with the included cables. My entire store is wired with them. My field coil Latours are powered with them,etc.

Also, a third prong would negate your abilty to flip the a/c polarity, which is important in some home wiring situations.

Best,
-M