View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprice View Post
My Turntable and I are both getting OLD together. When I bought this Basis Debut V, Vacuum hold-down table new in 2002, I had decided to "bite the bullet" and buy, what I hoped would be, my last turntable.

So Far, So Good. It continues to perform incredibly well and I've not been tempted to even think about a replacement.

Please click on the pictures to view my beautiful turntable in its full black and black glory!

Attachment 7360 Attachment 7362 Attachment 7361

I did buy a VPI Scoutmaster for my "other" system, but that table comes no where close to matching the performance of the Basis.

I am using a Walker Speed Controller on the Basis and I still think WOW every time I play it. This table has proven to be much more than a match for a wide variety of CD and SACD players I've put it up against. The arm is a Graham 2.2 arm, which is almost as old as the turntable itself. (which means it is probably older than some of you Audio Aficionado members.)

I LIKE IT!

P.S. I know that the turntable needs dusting. A couple of months ago, our housekeeper, against strict orders, threats of mayhem, etc. took it upon herself to dust my precious record-player, and bent the cantilever of my Graham Nightingale II cartridge. It currently resides in Japan for a replacement cantilever at a cost of some $1100.00. The cartridge you see in the pictures is a Benz Ruby 2 and it sounds "pretty good", although the Nightingale (actually a product of Immutable Sound - Transfiguration) is appreciably better.

Perhaps new cantilever, new housekeeper . . . What do you think?
My aunt did the same thing - when I was broke going back to school! This one was an Accuphase AC-2 about 20 years ago. I couldn't even gripe because she just decided to come over and clean.

Home Main System:
Magnepan 20.7, Pass Labs XA 100.5, Audio Research Reference 6, Esoteric P-03, D-03, G0-Rb, DV-60, Clearaudio Innovation & Tangent arm, VPI HW19 MK4 & ET 2.5 arm, Mark Levinson 37, Aesthetix Rhea Signature, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Kiseki PHS, Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation,Wireworld, Crystal Absolute Dream, Shunyata, Acoustic Zen, and Stealth cables

Other
Avalon Arcus, Snell Type AIII, Tympani IV, Green Mountain Europa, Martin Logan CLS, Tympani 1D, Counterpoint, GAS, Yamaha, Levinson, Perreaux, Proceed, Theta, Linn, and other collectibles, including 60 different headphones and 30+ headphone amps, over 60 cartridges, and too many cables, stands, and tweaks to list.