View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbodiford View Post
Incorrect.

The Netgear CM1150V is a Modem + Router combo box along with a 4-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch. This device will perform DHCP - which assigns IP addresses to all devices both wired and wireless.

According to the User Manual, the default private IP address is 192.168.100.1

If you wish to manipulate the settings simply open a web browser and type in that IP address. The default username and password is admin/password
I did some searching on the Netgear community site and found this from one of the so called gurus.

“ The CM1150V is a cable modem. (With added support for a voice device.) It is not a router. A modem will support just one device on the network.

The four ports on the CM1150V are not there to connect a lot of different network devices. They are there to plug into a router that supports "port aggregation".

The idea is that you connect a router to the modem. That router will then handle as many devices as it has sockets, more if you add an inexpensive switch. (Mine has 16 ports.) It will also deliver wifi to your local devices. Modems do not provide wifi.

Netgear's cable modem/routers have model numbers with the form CXXXX. Cable modems are CMXXXX.”

I’ve been on my 192.168.100.1. The interface to me has no router settings. I have since found out that my Orbi is the router for Ethernet (hardwire) and WiFi. When I open 10.0.0.1 (Orbi web browser) all my router settings are there. Still not sure why I’m losing just my wired connections. Hopefully tomorrow the tech might have some answers.

2-Channel
McIntosh C2700, (2X)MC601, MEN220 Lampizator Baltic 3
Sonore opticalRendu, SGC sonicTransporter i5 (Gen 3), Roon Thorens TT TD318
B&W 803D3 JL Audio (2x)f110v2
Shunyata Denali/S v2, Alpha v2 PCs, WW Gold/Silver Eclipse Interconnects, Platinum USB

Whole House Music Listening
Bluesound Vault2i, PowerNode2, PulseMini2i, Pulse2, (3x)Flex
5.2 System Above using Passthru
Marantz SR7012
Oppo 205, Apple TV (4th gen), Sony XBR850e65
B&W HTM2 D3
Second 5.1 System Castoffs from Upgrades
LRC Paradigm Millenia 20, Velodyne MiniVee 10, KEF surrounds, DefTech AW6500

Last edited by dkorbal; 01-26-2024 at 10:34 PM.