View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 10:59 AM

Welcome, Craig! Very excited for you--the change from Sony to McIntosh will be profound. A couple of thoughts:

Like crwilli, I would not be certain that the MEN220 will help you--while it is an awesome piece of gear, it is not a free lunch sonically. In my system, in my room, it improved my bass response, but it took away too much of the high end for me, so I returned my demo unit after testing. I recommend buying everything else first, then a month or two later (after everything is burned in and you really understand the system's sound), try the MEN220 as an in-home demo or with a risk-free return policy.

On the streaming--I do not stream myself, but I think you'll find the Apple gear to be a painful listen compared to the MCD600. One "unfortunate" thing about the awesome electronics you're purchasing is that they "demand" a great source, great speakers... (Of course, if you skip the MEN220, you could put that $ into a streamer)

Good luck--whatever you decide, keep us posted!