View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 10:38 AM

Since no one has answered yet, I will just say that I was rather impressed with CM10 S1. Which really, most people aren't aware is more like "1.5". Because much of what was new in the S2 series was already laid down by the time the late introduction of CM10 S1 happened. Very odd timing.

I believe the tweeter in 1 is the same as 2, whereas all the other CMs have the older tweeter. Yet the CM10 S1 hit before the nicer nickel plated connections.

In any case, for the brief time I had the CM10 S1, I was duly impressed with them. Very good bass extension and respectable mids and highs. However when compared with an 804 Diamond it is more "boxy" in its sound than the 804. The CM10 offers up more bass however, even though it's bass drivers are no where in the realm of the Rohacel units in the 804 Diamond (D2).

By the way, if you are looking at a pair of CM10 S2 at anywhere *NEAR* their full retail price. I would implore you to go to a Magnolia Design Center and see if there's any 804 D2 Diamonds left. Let's just say the price gap is not as much as you might think right now.