View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
BTW, huge congrats on your C-12000. I wish I had one. If you choose the MDA200, it will look amazing next to your C-12000. And you are correct, according to my friend at Mac, the phono stage is truly special in the C-12000.

Best

Charles
Thanks, Charles! It was definitely a somewhat impulsive splurge. I was considering the upgrade, just hadn’t intended to do it quite so soon. But I walked into my dealer to just talk to them about it, and they had just taken one out of the box and had set it up in their reference system. I played with it for a couple hours, and took it home that night. I just turned 50, so this was a bit of a milestone birthday “happy birthday to me” moment…

I’m curious about your thoughts on your D1100 DAC compared to the MDA200. I saw someone mention in a separate post here that the D1100 is considered a reference level DAC. Where does the MDA200 fall in comparison? I think they both use Sabre chips. 9018 in the D1100 and 9028 pro in the DA2 module, but I honestly don’t know the differences other than the 9028 is newer. Which doesn’t necessarily mean better. And then of course there are all the other components that go into the overall unit. Power supply, output stage, etc.