View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophilehi View Post
Looking for a digital AES/EBU XLR interconnect to go from my Pro-Ject CD transport to my Bryston DAC.

I have a full loom or Wireworld cables so wondering if I should stick with Wireworld.

For Wireworld I was looking at the Micro-Silver Eclipse 8 Balanced Digital Audio Cable but might stretch it to the Micro-Platinum Eclipse 8. If there are any better alternatives, please share.
Not meaning to offend anyone here....I've owned quite a number of top AES/EBU cables over the last 20+ years. My setups always require dual AES so I've had a many chances to delve into this one cable need deeply I would say and I've spent a LOT of money chasing this particular beast.

I moved on totally from Wireworld AES/EBU (110-ohm), 75-ohm and 50-ohm quite a while ago. Based upon experience, Shunyata makes a digital cable line that suits my needs and what I listen for much better. One man's opinion and I'm not looking to start a holy war.

I would suggest Shunyata Sigma AES/EBU v2 or if you can swing more, the new Omega AES/EBU. I've done the progression of Shunyata cables up from the various offering levels (all v1) and then v2. Sigma v2 is their best yet, only thing that beats it is OMEGA.

If your budget or preference is a more moderate price, look at Alpha v2 digital from Shunyata; their impact on the system beat Sigma V1 in testing here and anything else I've owned including Kubala Sosna ELATION, various Acrolink-Mexcel Esoteric-branded cables (which are excellent and I'd label my #2 of all time).

Last edited by SCAudiophile; 09-17-2021 at 11:15 AM.