View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o View Post
Don't do it. HT has a different requirement for set up that is never compatible with stereo...
I disagree as well, especially for those of us without the option for a dedicated listening and/or home theater room. My family room setup is 95% two-channel listening, but pretty good for home theater as well. I feed the main pre-outs from my Denon receiver into the Home Theater bypass of my C-J CT-5 preamp, with a ML Motif center that is a decent tonal match for my ML Summits. My rear surrounds are in-ceiling Boston Acoustic dipoles (not ideal tonal match, but OK for movies). I'll eventually upgrade to ML in-ceilings. I'm planning on adding two subs (at mid sides of room) for use with both 2 channel and home theater. Just like Doggiehowser, I'll use subs that have a separate LFE input for home theater use. I'm seriously considering the new ML BalancedForce 210's, which I can "dial in" using the ML/Paradigm "Perfect Bass Kit" plus downloadable custom low-pass filters to match my Summits.

Only downside is that it's too complex for my wife/kids to use (especially to watch a movie). Upside is that it provides "job security" for me!