View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Cool video and looking at the EQ display is fun but you did not mention much about the important function of the unit and that is the voicing of the system to the room.

Did you notice a big improvement? Is the sound more coherent, homogenized and musical in the room now? Smoother presentation? Did it result in bigger listening satisfaction?

Surely that's where the payoff is with this not inexpensive unit, not the EQ display.

I am sure that's what most folks considering a unit such as the DG-68 would want to know.
literally had about an hour or two playing around time with it when I posted that to show the Accuphase guys on Facebook.... there are a LOT of features that I still need to work out... the fascinating thing is the voicing and EQ are both two totally separated functions and mutually exclusive in how they function... I've since set up no less than 9 memories with various voicing and EQ settings... Some will work best for Jazz and Classical, some for hard rock and so on...

As to the basic "EQ/Voicing" room correction feature, its is absolutely the most noticeable change I have made to anything in terms of improvement .. moving the speakers being maybe the only thing having a larger effect (and in my case they sound better closer to the wall)..

The A/B sound difference is definitely in the corner of using the EQ/VC always... I can see no benefit to going flat, and frankly I cannot un-hear this improvement and it would suck to give it up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Sam... nicely done! ✅
Ivan, this is a winner... anyone with any doubt as to whether they should get one, just send them to me or send them the video.