View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 02:44 AM
Living La Vida Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfoley3 View Post
Hi all, I'd like to begin experimenting with some Apertures over the next month or two (I'm currently upgrading electrical power). I'd like to start small to gain some experience. I'm thinking of starting with two, one on the front wall located above and behind each speaker. My layout does not provide the opportunity to place any between the speakers as that wall space is occupied by a tv. If that goes well, I'll try two others at the rear wall behind my listening position. Is this a reasonable approach, any other suggestions?
Thanks for any help.
Mike
Congratulations on devoting effort to your room's sonic infrastructure.

The Aperture benefit is focused and you can hear how different panel positions cash out acoustically. Relatively small positional differences can be audible.

Behind each speaker, or in the center between speakers, or both, are good starting spots. Depending on room and speaker size you may want two behind each speaker, but one each is enough for a start. For a first take, just sit them on the floor; they're easily moved. For wall mounting, I'd start directly behind the speaker at tweeter/mid level; slightly toward the inner or outer speaker edges can also be effective. Each room is different so you'll want to experiment for optimizing their effect in yours. After addressing the front wall, you may want to try the first reflection points on each side wall if your room allows it. 3M Command Strips come with each Aperture to allow temporary mounting and experimentation; you may want to buy additional strips to try different positions. Each Aperture also includes a Z-hanger for permanent mounting. Have fun.