View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 11:59 PM
Living La Vida Vinyl

mfoley3 & cmarin, I do appreciate your comments.

Yes, from friends I heard that Bruce's demo is convincing and I'm waiting to catch it myself, maybe at Axpona. I'm thinking Stillpoints dealers support in-home trials and/or money back guarantees so direct trial in one's own room may be possible. For me that is the way I prefer to evaluate gear. I had the good fortune to use six panels initially though (guessing) having three or four could be enough to gain insight. You might follow-up with AA participant 'allvinyl' (JohnT) who is with Stillpoints.

It was fun experimenting with the Apertures in different positions and it was easy to gauge their effect, even down to adjustments of less than one foot. That gave me confidence, knowing both they and my ears were working. I had other acoustic treatments in my room and at first spent time integrating the Apertures with those. Only after removing all the non-Aperture panels (excepting some small Michael Green Corner Tunes at ceiling wall junctions) did I really make progress. mfolely3 I agree with your thoughts about room measurement.

I've become an advocate for attention to audio infrastructure with priority to room acoustics, clean power and signal delivery, and vibration control/isolation - pretty much in that order but one can start anywhere. The Apertures reinforced belief that only when infrastructure is attended can one truly gauge a component designer's intent.

The amps are Lamms (they do look similar to Gryphon gear.) The cat is Finzi; he likes being in the music room.

Hoping others with Aperture experience chime in.