Thread: Htm2 d3
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 09:43 PM

Hi, TM1, I got it about a week ago. It is an improvement over the htm2 in every way. The midrange is so much clearer and uncolored, and the tweeter has the more relaxed (but still detailed) sound of the rest of the d3 series. As for the bass, it is notably more precise/less boomy without losing any low end of the previous speaker. If anything I think the low end sounds a bit more extended. They also placed the ports a little closer (I think) to the ends of the back of the speaker. The bass driver/port configuration has seemingly made speaker placement less fussy than the htm2. I have it on the B&W stand (the new one) and I am able to place it better/closer to my av stand to make it more in line with the 802d3s without noticing any boominess. It was pretty painful to sell the htm2 for about half of what I paid for it and purchase the new one, but I have absolutely no regrets! The overall sound quality is just so much more natural now, dialogue is appreciably easier to understand, and the soundfield is now seemless with my 802 and 805 d3s.

Edit--just finished listening to a soundtrack with LOTS of bass for the center channel--HOLY COW! The htm1 has some SERIOUS bass...so tight, low, and punchy, I had to check to make sure it was coming from them and not my 802s or sub. Greatly improved over the htm2.

Last edited by 2dparrish; 07-02-2016 at 10:53 PM.