View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 05:57 PM

I did connect the Alpha-digital a few days ago on my BDP-2. The change was definitely noticeable but less striking than the Alpha-HC on my power amp. But with the Alpha digital more detailed and more integrated sound field! And then the next days the burning-in of both cables really started. The sound was the first day quite good but then the next day it was much less, too bright and veil. And the next day it changed again. Strange phenomenon this burning in...! I let my system play the Isotek burn-in audio file the whole night and I wonder how long it will take (100hrs?)? Patience is really a virtue....
I am also curious if the next step, using a Alpha HC on my Inspiration preamp, would make a large improvement. And then on my BDA-2 DAC also an Alpha-HC?
Does perhaps Caelin Gabriel has any thoughts about that?
Regards, Gerard

-------
Sources: Mark Levinson 37, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2
Amplifiers: Constellation Inspiration Preamp1, Constellation Inspiration Stereo1
Speakers: TAD Evolution One
Power: Shunyata Alpha HC, Shunyata Alpha Digital, NBS Statement (2), NBS Monitor I (1), 3 dedicated powerlines
Analog Cables: MIT MH-770 Ultralin.II Biwire, NBS Monitor II IC XLR, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 7 XLR
Digital Cables: NBS Prof.Digital XLR, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 7 BNC