Thread: Htm2 d3
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post
Thanks! Just read also your open box thread and see that you are upgrading from the htm4d2 to htm2d3. When will your htm4 be arriving? Keen to hear your feed back as one of my initially preferred option was to get an (used) htm4d2/1 as i would mainly be using my 804d3 for stereo with occasional HT (70:30 split). My dealer suggested the CMC 2 S2 but I'm a bit skeptical. It would really have been great if B&W would release a htm4d3.
I haven't had a chance to pick up the HTM2 D3 yet. Will definitely update the unboxing thread soon after.

I had the CMC2 (not the S2) for a short time before the HTM4d2. When I originally bought the 804d2 I really wasn't watching movies that often so I thought I would start with the CMC2. I realized I started to watch more movies as a family as the kids got older and I wanted a seamless front soundstage. The CMC2 is a good center but the HTM4d2 had better detail and the voices seemed more natural. The CMC2 did have the advantage in bass extension. If I had to choose between the CMC2 and the HTM4 for the 804D3 it would be hard as neither really would match.