View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 06:26 PM

Default Shunyata Sigma NR v2 Power Cord review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Hi Sander...

Hmmm...you raise a good question. I'm aware of some of the tonal character that various cables have, including power cables, but interestingly, terms like "warm", "bright", "lush" never came to mind when listening, actually.

I guess if I had to apply audiophile style terms to the Sigma NR v2 is "neutral" but I am really hesitant to do that because that will makes some folks think that it sounds cool, reserved, somewhat lean, blah, blah, blah. And it doesn't. Neither does it sound warm, rich, or lush.

The Sigma NR v2 does not sound like any power cord I've ever heard before. All the regular terms, adjectives, audiophile-type lexicon simply do not apply.

Perhaps SCAudiophile (Mark W) can chime in here as well, but here's the thing: I never thinks in terms of "neutral", "warm", "bright", "lush" when I hear live music. In fact, I don't think in "audiophile terms" at all when I hear live music, and I don't think in "audiophile terms" at all when I with the Sigma NR v2 in the system. I just become immersed in the experience of the music itself.

The Sigma NR v2 let me do that more than any PC I've used, and the Alpha NR v2 comes close to that as well (more on the Alpha NR v2 shortly).

Thanks so much for your reply.
By finding it’s hard to discribe the tonal balance, you are actually answering my question very well.

And you are very right. One would never think in terms of warm or bright with live music.
You also see that with the very best audio equipment; the reviewer always finds its hard to discribe the character of the unit when it performs just like live music.

The more i go back in time it becomes easier to discribe the tonal characters of Shunyata’s powercords. That says a lot. Over the years they have become better and better.
And now we are at the point that we find its very hard to discribe them.

I wonder who‘ll still wants to be a professional reviewer of Shunyata products in ten years time.

I’m looking forward to read your findings of the Alpha V2.

Last edited by sander; 04-14-2020 at 06:46 PM.