View Single Post
Old 11-06-2022, 02:37 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Yup, my best dives were shallow beach dives off Maui. The coral reefs were a sight to behold.
Always a great time. We usually get surprised several times by large turtles coming out of the sand at the base of the coral when we swam close to them off Ka'anapali & Kihei. Think they must be sleeping and are as surprised as we are. We also enjoyed diving in the Molokini crater. Only 30-40ft on the inside of the crater but pretty close to infinite depth on the outside. The only drawback is how cold the Pacific is compared to the Caribbean. We have friends who vacation for a couple of weeks each year in Bonaire and tell us how great the diving is. They go 'in' every day.
Snorkeling/diving in John Pennykamp (only coral off the continental USA) off Key Largo is also a great way to spend a day or two. Was the first place I met a barracuda face-to-face. Of course, thru the mask it looked to be about 5ft long with 3" teeth when it likely was only about half that. We also enjoy Magens Bay on the north side of St. Thomas.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag